From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A new 'arches@gentoo.org' alias for bugzilla?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:45:32
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2
3 > Hrm. How many ebuilds have a KEYWORDS list that is anything like close to the
4 > full list of available arches?
5
6 I'd say take a look at http://gentoo.tamperd.net/stable/ and see how your herd
7 is doing on keywording for archs. That page is a nice tool to help developers
8 figure out packages that need to be
9
10 I still think that adding each arch individually to the cc: list is the best
11 option. If you created one arch alias, people on that alias will have to
12 continue seeing reports for archs they aren't worried about. Doing it this way
13 seems to work for the security folks. Also, I think there's really only 4-5
14 major archs that people use, so keeping track of each arch shouldn't be hard. If
15 the site is outdated, find the person in charge of the page and get it updated.
16
17 I'm curious how the arch maintainers would prefer getting this done. Any of your
18 out there want to comment on this?
21 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
22 Gentoo Infrastructure
23
24 ---
25 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
26 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
27
28 ramereth/irc.freenode.net