From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:28:50
1 W dniu pią, 23.03.2018 o godzinie 01∶01 +0000, użytkownik Herb Miller
2 Jr. napisał:
3 > On 03/22/2018 04:17 PM, James Le Cuirot wrote:
4 > > On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 20:03:46 +0100
5 > > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > > After 2+ years of repeating disagreements with Portage maintainer(s)
8 > > > I have finally decided to fork Portage. My little fork uses technical
9 > > > name of 'portage[mgorny]' [1] (to distinguish it from mainline Portage),
10 > > > and aims to focus on cleaning up code and adding useful features with
11 > > > less concern for infinite bug-by-bug compatibility.
12 > >
13 > > I hope you will continue with our efforts to drive regular Portage
14 > > forwards too. It's been a long road but also very productive.
15 > >
16 > > I notice that your fork cannot be installed at the same time as regular
17 > > Portage. I think this will really hinder any interest in it. As
18 > > Gentoo developers, we obviously have to make sure things work with the
19 > > official package manager and that goes for you too. Would it be
20 > > possible for them to coexist? I'm not saying I'll try it though, just
21 > > making a suggestion. :)
24 > Seems to also be blocked by other management tools such as perl-cleaner
25 > and haskell-updater. I'd love to take it for a spin if you have any
26 > suggestions on how to navigate the blocks.
27 >
28 > https://paste.pound-python.org/show/VxWWAGW9PpPCS3L4Q6Z3/
31 The instructions covered that. You need to upgrade those packages
32 to -r1.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny