From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:25:36
1 On Thursday 15 September 2005 05:57 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 17:25 -0400, Olivier Crete wrote:
3 > > - Does it mean that devs who are not part of the x86 team can't move
4 > > packages from ~x86 to x86 ?
5 >
6 > Correct. They can, however, make previous arrangements with the x86
7 > arch team to allow them to stabilize their own packages. What this says
8 > is "I acknowledge that anything that I break or that breaks on x86 with
9 > my package, I get to fix and is not the responsibility of the x86 arch
10 > team." The x86 team will keep a list of these developers. This is
11 > similar (or identical) to how other arch teams work. For example, I'm
12 > not a member of the amd64 arch team, but they know I have an amd64 and
13 > use it as my primary development box, so I have made arrangements with
14 > them so I can ~amd64 -> amd64 my own packages. If something breaks, I
15 > pick up the pieces, not them.
16
17 actually this is came up in the meeting as something we would like to see
18 spelled out explicitly ... either as a GLEP itself or as a policy update to
19 current stabilization practices
20
21 the GLEP was approved on the grounds that we need an x86 team and that it
22 needs to be treated as any other arch ... arch team interaction with
23 maintainers should be spelled out clearly rather than part of a single
24 sentence '... or make individual arrangements with the x86 arch team.'
25 -mike
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list