From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-leechcraft/*, virtual/leechcraft-*
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:50:37
1 The PR ( https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/15938 ) contains
2 non-live snapshot ebuilds. Although, indeed, it's been last updated a
3 few months ago.
4
5 What's ultimately blocking there is splitting the commit adding those
6 ebuilds into multiple commits, one per package, while keeping the tree
7 consistent. I admit I hadn't had (and most likely won't have in the
8 foreseeable future) the resources to do these
9 consistent-per-package-commits — doing this (effectively a toposort,
10 counting in the dependencies between ebuilds) by hand is painful, and
11 there's no good automation I'm aware of that'll do that for me. On the
12 other hand,
13 1. I know at least some other multipackage groups don't always do
14 per-package updates and instead commit everything in one fell swoop
15 (like qt, for instance).
16 2. I think I've been told on #gentoo-proxy-dev that if this indeed
17 proves to be a burdensome thing, adding all the ebuilds in one commit
18 is feasible. But it's indeed been a while ago, keeping track of time
19 is hard.
20
21 If (2) is correct, I'm more than happy to fix whatever other issues
22 are pointed out in the PR.
23
24 But, of course, all this is ultimately up to you folks. I'm just a proxy.
25