From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild question
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:06:51
1 On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 04:01:11PM -0600, Craig Joly wrote:
2
3 > Has it ever been suggested to add an src_configure() section to the ebuild
4 > file? It would be useful to be able to type "ebuild foo.ebuild configure"
5 > and then look at the generated makefiles.
6
7 Yes, this has been suggested many times. Right now, it's all done in
8 src_compile() as you know. Moving it to its own function would require fixing
9 all our existing Makefiles, I think. Well, I can probably retrofit that
10 feature; when I have time, I'll see what I can do.
13 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
14 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
15 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.