From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: udev-rules.eclass
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:59:07
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 02:11:42PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 > I am about to release udev-186-r1, which will move everything currently
4 > in /lib/udev to /usr/lib/udev.
5 >
6 > For packages that install udev rules in ${FILESDIR}, we need an eclass
7 > that tests the version of udev installed on the user's system and
8 > installs the udev rules in the proper place. I'm not sure how many
9 > packages do this, so if it is a very small number of packages, it may
10 > not be worth the eclass. It would be good to discuss that as well as
11 > reviewing the proposed eclass.
12
13 If there are no objections, I will commit this to the tree, no earlier
14 than 15 July UTC.
15
16 Thanks,
17