From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New build types
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:11:19
1 Something that's been discussed on IRC is the idea of a .pbuild file,
2 written in Python. I can also think of .cbuild (C) .Cbuild (C++) .sbuild
3 (Scheme) .hbuild (Haskell) and .jbuild (guess;) as being of immediate use,
4 (although I accept I might be the only one interested in the first ;)
5
6 The basic idea would be to replace ebuild.sh with an API equivalent (where
7 API is defined as stable portage or an approved PMS which adequately covers
8 this aspect.) How, or indeed whether or not, helper utilities equivalent to
9 eclasses (or an elib) would be provided, would of course be down to whoever
10 wrote and maintained the relevant code.
11
12 How do others feel about such an addition?
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list