From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:42:03
1 El sáb, 23-03-2013 a las 21:28 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
2 > Am Samstag, 23. März 2013, 21:11:14 schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
3 > >
4 > > The installation media has been totally useless on a large bit of
5 > > hardware for over three months. We should just suggest SystemRescueCD
6 > > if no one can be bothered to make Gentoo installable.
7 >
8 > While that sounds harsh, it also sounds true. I've had my shares of trouble
9 > with the minimal isos in the past too and at some point just gave up on them.
10 >
11 > We're a fast-moving distribution, and it seems the installation media do not
12 > keep up.
13 >
14 > Why not officially recommend SystemRescueCD instead?
17 Why is this firmware bug unresolved for so long time? :/, that sounds
18 really surprising to me :|