From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] RFC new quiz test for when to comment in ebuilds
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:11:00
1 On 12/19/2009 05:32 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Maybe I am wrong, but it could be a different question (not a code
3 > snippets like the other questions under 6.) with something like:
4 > 21. What would you do when needing to manually run "make" or
5 > "./configure" instead of econf/emake?
6
7 I can't see any valid usage for "make", certainly it's not for working
8 around parallel make issues, there's "emake -j1" for that.
9
10 Benefits in using "emake -j1" are obvious, repoman will report you
11 there's parallel make issues with upstream.workaround and other MAKEOPTS
12 aren't ignored.