From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc and java problem
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 21:27:14
1 On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 03:09:14AM -0000, Naresh Donti wrote:
2 > This is perfect. Gentoo will be my primary desktop now. I am going to
3 > attempt to build everything from scratch. Is this committed and available
4 > for emerge rsync? I am going to try to do this tomorrow.
5 >
6 > Thank you
7
8 You're welcome.
9
10 The file you want is glibc-2.2.3-r3. Make sure you use that one and not any
11 other. If you build from scratch, be sure to use the
12 /usr/portage/files/bootstrap-20010706.packages file to bootstrap your system.
13 This new bootstrap file points to the new glibc I just added.
14
15 Everything you need will be on rsync in 35 minutes, so if you try this tomorrow
16 you'll be all set.
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>