From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 00:44:18
1 * Harald van D??k <truedfx@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 hi,
4
5 > What would it do if a gcc-specific option is used for which
6 > the real compiler does not provide any option, even with a
7 > different name?
8
9 hmm, tricky.
10
11 I've filed an bug in gcc-upstream for an similar issue, where
12 gcc/ld is missing some an flag allowing to filter exported
13 symbols of shared libs. Hopefully this issue will be solved
14 soon by the gcc team. Until then I have to strip off that option,
15 hoping it does not break anything.
16
17 But nevertheless it would be a great step to adapt at least
18 those options which are supported. Completely unsupported
19 options (which cannot be substituted somehow) are a major
20 problem anyways.
23 cu
24 --
26 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
28 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
29 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
30 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
31 http://patches.metux.de/
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list