From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: cmake-utils.eclass
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:13:11
1 Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > As you might know, a very active Gentoo user, Zephyrus, several members of
5 > the KDE herd and other interested parties [1] are currently working on
6 > the pre-releases of KDE4 in the GenKDEsvn overlays [2].
7 >
8 > KDE4's build system is based on CMake and seeing that more and more KDE
9 > and non-KDE applications are using it, we have created a new
10 > cmake-utils.eclass [3] which allows for easier implementation of ebuilds
11 > for those applications.
14 Given that one of the many issues I have with cmake (being portage
15 unfriendly) I welcome warmly your contribution =)
16
17 lu - now if they convert the whole mess in C and make it build in 1/4
18 the time it takes now... (well coremake could be a replacement if were
19 accessible right now)
23 Luca Barbato
24
25 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC