From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ReiserFS and the 2.4.16 kernel
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:04:15
1 Sanity in Anarchy wrote:
2
3 > The ReiserFS website says that the 2.4.16 and below kernels had problems
4 > that were outside of ReiserFS but affected it, and that might be what
5 > caused the
6 > corruption. I look at the sources area of the ftp site, and I find that
7 > there
8 > are two patches in there for the 2.4.16 kernel. I like ReiserFS enough to
9 > install on ext2, compile a new kernel, and then move the whole thing (all
10 > 5
11 > partitions of it) over to ReiserFS. But most users will not want to do
12 > this, and so I suggest you use the latest kernel in your next release --
13 > or even add
14 > a new build for the current release with the latest one. ReiserFS says it
15 > needs at least 2.4.18.
16 >
17 > Thanks for your help.
20 I'm using it on Gentoo-2.4.19 with no problems at all. This machine is not
21 treated nicely at all, resets, power down with the "big switch" etc ...
22
23 Troy.
26 Women complain about sex more than men. Their gripes fall into two
27 categories: (1) Not enough and (2) Too much.
28 -- Ann Landers