From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How help in arch testing work
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:27:47
1 On Wednesday 18 January 2012 11:55:30 Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > > 3) Check your rdepend, where is possible with scanelf[3] and if you
3 > > declare it, please, as you said, exclude gcc/glibc and all package
4 > > from @system
5 >
6 > imho this has nothing to do with stabilization
7 There is a misunderstading about it. I did not mean what the other sayd.
8 So, if is not clear, the goal should be: check your RDEPEND before filing
9 stabilization. Stop
12 > what i dislike in this approach is that arch testers will follow a
13 > test plan which the maintainer has obviously tested before and knows
14 > it works.
15 > sending people into the jungle of 'try to do something with $pkg' may
16 > make them encounter problems the maintainer hadnt thought about.
17
18 I think the same, but just for your info, there are, imho, few people that
19 works in popular arches like x86/amd64 and is not possible because of missing
20 of 'tester', imagine in arches like sparc/ia64 where only people like armin76
21 works =)
22 --
23 Agostino Sarubbo ago -at- gentoo.org
24 Gentoo/AMD64 Arch Security Liaison