From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:37:26
1 Arun,
4 On 06/21/10 21:25, Arun Raghavan wrote:
5 >> My manifesto up here now:
6 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~sping/council-manifesto-2010-sping.txt
7 >
8 > For all your points where you do not have a concrete proposal of how
9 > you intend to tackle the problem, could you please elaborate?
10
11 please take your time to formulate concrete questions.
14 > """ (w.r.t. git migration)
15 > I hope to see Robin integrate me with the conversion process.
16 > """
17 >
18 > How have you contributed to the effort thus far?
19
20 I would like to re-phrase this question to
21 "how come you are able to help", okay?
22
23 I have
24 - knowledge of Git beyond an average user of Git
25 - migrated Portage from Subversion to Git
26 including explaining fake merges using commit-tree
27 to the portage developers [1] and more general essentials
28 before that [2]
29 - helped tommy of sunrise to get his earler multilib fork into
30 the Portage repo
31 - worked with
32 - Git hooks
33 - Gitosis
34 - Gitolite (including its setup)
35 - studied ciabot integration recently
36 - read most of gentoo-scm
37 - exchanged ideas with rbu and idl0r about it
38
39 If Robin and I reach a point of consensus on the migration's future I
40 could work the full rest of this week on the Git migration.
41 Not because we have elections right now but because I have a bit of
42 flexibility on the date of my next exam: pushing that a week further is
43 no problem at the moment.
44
45 Best,
49 Sebastian