From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: lu_zero@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: git-2.eclass & fetching from multiple repos
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:18:48
1 On Sat, 19 May 2012 12:28:02 -0700
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 17/05/12 01:40, Michał Górny wrote:
10 > > 1/ Mike suggested something like:
11 > >
12 > > EGIT_REPO_URI=( "repo1 fallback1" "repo2 fallback2" )
13 > >
14 > > but IMO it hurts readability and makes the behavior a little
15 > > surprising (not that the fallback syntax isn't surprising already).
16 >
17 > Does not look that bad, do you have an actual example so we can see
18 > how bad could get?
19
20 Well, for example if the project was hosted on github, it would look
21 like:
22
23 EGIT_REPO_URI=(
24 "git://github.com/foo/foo.git
25 http://github.com/foo/foo.git"
26
27 "git://github.com/foo/bar.git
28 http://github.com/foo/bar.git"
29 )
30
31 Or something like that. What I am afraid of is that we use nested list
32 with tricky syntax, and one could miss the specifics of "" use.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny