From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Is there a process for marking ebuilds stable?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:25:23
Given the increasing size of the portage tree I'm becoming concerned
about the rate at which ebuilds move from the unstable ~arch keyword to
the stable one.

Has a formalized process been discussed for this? The first thing that
comes to mind is a set of tinderboxes designed to build packages with
predictable flags sending reports to each ebuild maintainer.

The second is more practical and within reach; advocacy of, and a policy of accepting a package as stable when
five or more users have vouched for it and two weeks have passed without
a bug report.

These are rough ideas, I'd love to hear some input on them. Any