From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Is there a process for marking ebuilds stable?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:25:23
1 Given the increasing size of the portage tree I'm becoming concerned
2 about the rate at which ebuilds move from the unstable ~arch keyword to
3 the stable one.
4
5 Has a formalized process been discussed for this? The first thing that
6 comes to mind is a set of tinderboxes designed to build packages with
7 predictable flags sending reports to each ebuild maintainer.
8
9 The second is more practical and within reach; advocacy of
10 stable.gentoo.org, and a policy of accepting a package as stable when
11 five or more users have vouched for it and two weeks have passed without
12 a bug report.
13
14 These are rough ideas, I'd love to hear some input on them. Any
15 thoughts?
18 // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list