From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] vim 7 beta
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:32:42
1 As of now, vim 7 alpha is unsupported and should no longer be used. For
2 those of you who don't think I'm a "security risk", there're vim 7 beta
3 ebuilds at:
4
5 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/tmp/vim-beta-overlay.tar.bz2
6
7 Note that this includes an eclass update, and eclasses and overlays
8 don't mix particularly nicely. If you don't know what you're doing,
9 don't use it.
10
11 The new vimrc should hopefully work nicely with TERM=gnome, but I don't
12 plan to install Gnome to find out (bug #122562).
13
14 Vim 7 has some *optional* new deps that will require use.masking on
15 several archs. Your keywords got dropped. If someone sticks the above
16 into the tree, they get to file the bug.
17
18 From discussion with arch team people on #-dev, it looks like this is
19 probably more or less ready to go into ~arch if people feel so inclined.
20 There *will* be bugs found, but it's a lot easier to get them fixed
21 before vim7 goes stable rather than after.
22
23 On the other hand, I don't have reliable bugzilla / email / IRC /
24 phone / electricity / hot water access until next Tuesday, so it may be
25 better left until then...
28 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
29 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
30 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm