From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Per package use flags?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:59:25
1 1. What?
2
3 Ok, I've found my set of useflags, and acutally I'm pretty happy with
4 it. But there are some packages which I *always* compile a little
5 different then the rest of my system (e.g. and don't need every feature
6 and his grandmother for my mod_php test install on my laptop). So I do
7 have to
8
9 #USE="-foo bar" emerge foo-bar
10
11 Works, but is not really that nice, especially when you're like me and
12 forget things like this once in a while.
13
14 2. Proposed solution:
15
16 A file /etc/portage/custom.use (or however you want to call it), that is
17 somewhat similar to package.mask (or /etc/portage/package.mask for that
18 matter as it overrides the standard settings), which contains one entry
19 per line in the form of:
20
21 foo-bar/foobar "-foo bar"
22
23 So when I emerge a package and portage finds an entry for it in this
24 file, the useflags will be put in the environment (USE_ORDER =
25 env:conf:auto:defaults), like the statement
26
27 #USE="..." emerge ...
28
29 would have done.
30
31 3. You lazy...
32
33 Yeah, I know, all talk no code, but I'm fairly with Python, and after my
34 first look Portage seemed a little to complicated as a beginner's task
35 (at least for me). Although at the moment I have no access to a test box
36 and don't want to fry my main system...
37
38 Comments?
39 Michael
42 www.cargal.org
43 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
44 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
45 Registered Linux User #278726