From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slotted Lua: 2020-12-04 status update
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 15:11:16
1 On 2020-12-09 15:56, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > I think the slotted lua ebuilds should be doing some eselect-lua stuff
4 > in pkg_postinst() and pkg_postrm(). For example:
5 >
6 >   * I have lua-5.1 and lua-5.2 installed
7 >   * Lua-5.2 is eselected
8 >   * I uninstall lua-5.2
9 >   * Now /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/lua.pc is a dangling symlink
10
11 I've already mentioned this to WilliamH, it is expected to be done
12 before the unmasking of slotted Lua. Meanwhile (i.e. during work on
13 migrating packages so that they among other things respect the current
14 values of LUA_TARGETS and LUA_SINGLE_TARGET), not having any "current"
15 Lua versions makes it easier to catch looking for Lua where they shouldn't.
16
17 > Related to the above: is there a way to trigger rebuilds of consumers
18 > when the "single implementation" changes? If I have a package that links
19 > against liblua and if I upgrade from lua-5.1 to lua-5.2, then my package
20 > should rebuild. I don't think $LUA_DEPS from lua-single.eclass can do that?
21
22 LUA_DEPS itself will not but the change of LUA_SINGLE_TARGET in the
23 package in question will, same way other packages can be rebuilt on
24 USE-flag changes.
27 Marecki

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature