From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:02:58
1 On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:39:51 -0600 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Thoughts / comments? I promise not to bite anyone's head off this
4 | time!
5
6 I don't think there's anything wrong with the system, except that
7 certain managers can in effect put a GLEP on hold indefinitely because
8 their favourite editor sucks.
9
10 I'd rather have GLEPs than half-baked kook schemes. We've all seen how
11 long they take to un-screw-up... Well, actually, we haven't, since
12 they're still not un-screwed, but we've at least seen how much mess they
13 make.
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm