From: Tim Riley <tr@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Before the release announcement
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 00:31:22
1 Hi all,
2
3 Before the announcement of the relase to Freshmeat & Friends, will there
4 be available ISOs for lower-spec processors, like i386's or i586's? It
5 does say on the download page that an i586 ISO will be available soon,
6 but it would only make sense to have them available at the time of the
7 announcement - otherwise, there may be quite a few disappointed new
8 users.
9
10 Anyway, I look forward to giving Gentoo a try myself, as soon as I can
11 obtain a pre-built version that will play well with my extremely
12 capable, but not i686, AMD K6/2 :)
13
14 Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work.
15
16 Regards,
17 Tim Riley