From: Stuart Bouyer <stubear@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unable to emerge -up world for 22 days and counting
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 15:23:49
1 On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:01:12 +0100
2 Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > If you know what you're doing, you can always just copy gettext into
5 > your OVERLAY and add ~x86 or whatever into KEYWORDS. It should
6 > override the one in portage-proper.
7 >
8 > To be honest, portage is flexible enough for your to hack around all
9 > sorts of things. Although that only solves the symptom, and not the
10 > problem.
13 Yes, that works, but as you say it only solves the symptoms not the
14 underlying problem.
15
16 > The real problem is sylpheed-claws depending on gettext-0.12 which is
17 > masked. So sylpheed-claws itself should be masked. But I don't know
18 > why it isn't. There is probably a good reason for it.
21 Well I'd be happy if someone would share it with me and bug #28949
22
23 Thanks for your suggestion
24
25 Stu (aka StuBear)
26 --
27 GnuPG KeyID 1607E7F7
28 Key fingerprint = 5C38 AA94 A4C1 6AAF 0EE4 C089 EE01 193D 1607 E7F7
29 gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net --recv-keys 1607E7F7