From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge clean *IS* EVIL
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 19:37:32
1 OK, so a few weeks I thumbed through a thread on here about emerge clean
2 being automatic was bad, didn't pay it nearly enough heed. I just had a
3 box do an autoclean and clean out an older version of supersed - which,
4 campers, cleans out a few necessary sed pieces, which, further makes it
5 impossible to emerge (since you kind of need sed for all of our patch as
6 you go ebuilds to work...and oddly enough, you need a sed for sed to
7 install....).
8
9 So, to all ye who scoffed last time...look out...
10
11 now to go see what a make.conf looks like these days to see if i can
12 disable that nastiness
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list