From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Why arch-specific make.conf files?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:57:57
1 Marius Mauch posted <20051116160434.629519df@××××××××××××××××××.net>,
2 excerpted below, on Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:04:34 +0100:
3
4 > You have a list of (some of) these things? From a portage POV those
5 > things are broken, the only thing you can safely assume about
6 > make.conf is that it exists (and even that is debatable).
7
8 Plus, I'm enthusiastically using the still fairly new "source xyzfile"
9 functionality in portage to break out my portage config into various
10 modules (use, fs, net, etc). My make.conf itself is simply a collection
11 of several "source" lines. If whatever is brokenly assuming it can
12 collect such info from make.conf is sourcing the file using bash, or if it
13 too understands the source directive, no problem, but if not, it could be
14 a serious problem!
15
16 FWIW, I've experienced no issues here. (I don't use distcc, so that
17 already mentioned issue doesn't affect me.)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
23 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list