From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: How to help an ebuild move along
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:07:22
1 2007-06-11, Matti Bickel sanoi:
2
3 > Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Olivier Galibert <galibert@×××××.com>:
5 > > > So my question is, what could I do to help having it end up in the
6 > > > official package database?
7 > >
8 > > Become a developer.
9 >
10 > From the looks of it, there's already a gentoo developer on it.
11 > Please help Flammie with that :)
12
13 However do note that:
14 * I'm not an ebuild developer and not having main tree commit rights,
15 * I'm currently on away status working on my thesis so I won't be very
16 active (although my thesis and university work is on language
17 technology so I'll be having tons of LT apps lying around bugzilla and
18 my dev space anyways),
19 * Last I asked, my ebuild skills were deemed not good enough for commit
20 rights, so if you want to become a developer you are probably better of
21 rewriting the ebuilds from the scratch.
24 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator, Finnish
25 overlay keeper and more <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.