From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:11:37
1 On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:06:17AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > This is your one-day friendly reminder ! The monthly Gentoo Council
3 > meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net. See the
4 > channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).
5 >
6 > If you're supposed to show up, please show up. If you're not supposed
7 > to show up, then show up anyways and watch your Council monkeys dance
8 > for you.
9 >
10 > For more info on the Gentoo Council, feel free to browse our homepage:
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
12
13 Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss
14 the current status of PMS, if the running of it satisfys the councils
15 requirements of a *neutral* standard, if the proposed spec actually
16 meets said standards, and if said spec is actually going to be
17 approved sometimes this side of '09.
18
19 Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard
20 that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt,
21 ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore
22 standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of
23 the general view.
24
25 Yes, ciaran shall comment. My request still stands.
26 Thanks,
27 ~harring