From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: OpenRC runscript transition
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:47:37
1 El lun, 22-08-2016 a las 12:20 -0500, William Hubbs escribió:
2 > Title: OpenRC runscript transition
3 > Author: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
4 > Content-Type: text/plain
5 > Posted: 2016-08-25
6 > Revision: 1
7 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
8 > Display-If-Installed: <sys-apps/openrc-0.22
9
10 Maybe it's a bit late as 0.21.3 is already stable and, then, people
11 won't get the news item if they already updated :/
14 > Starting with OpenRC 0.21.3, service script authors should use
15 > #!/sbin/openrc-run instead of #!/sbin/runscript to start their
16 > scripts.
17 > The following message will be displayed for each service on your
18 > system
19 > which is not updated:
20 >
21 >  * <scriptpath> uses runscript, please convert to openrc-run.
22 >
23 > This message is not fatal; your system will boot normally.
24 >
25 > To silence most of the messages, you can run the following command as
26 > root:
27 >
28 > # emerge /etc/init.d
29
30 Probably "oneshot" emerge would be preferred and, then, "emerge -1
31 /etc/init.d" would be better I think
34 > The remaining packages (netifrc and udev-init-scripts as of this
35 > writing) have newer versions in the unstable tree with the fix, and
36 > are
37 > in the process of being stabilized.
38
39 Cannot that packages being stabilized then instead of "suggesting"
40 implicitly to the people to manually keyword "random" newer versions
41 and, also, accepting that were are too slow stabilizing that things? (I
42 would try to stabilize it at least for amd64... in my case I cannot
43 test as I run systemd... but it shouldn't be too hard to find some dev
44 or user able to test in that arch at least)
45
46 Also, if the downside of not re-emerging the packages is only a
47 warning, I would note that people can avoid (if they can live with the
48 message) the re-emerge (and wait for normal updates) for the case they
49 want to avoid re-emerging so many packages just now :/
50
51 Thanks :)