From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file instead of showing them to the world
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:06:23
1 Lares Moreau wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 10:34 +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
3 >
4 >> what about defining something like GENTOO_LEVEL="n00b|user|know_how|master|admin|dev|guru" in
5 >> make.conf? And act acording to this, but trying to move the user up a level or two most of the
6 >> time.
9 > This is what happens anyway, but it is called FEATURES :)
10
11 >From `man make.conf`
12 FEATURES = "sandbox ccache autoaddcvs"
13 Defines actions portage takes by default. These options should not be changed by
14 anyone but developers and/or maintainers. 'sandbox' is an important part of FEATURES and should
15 not be disabled by default. This is an incremental variable.
16
17 So I guess I am close to "developers and/or maintainers" as I change that on day 0 on any Gentoo box
18 I install :-)
19
20 s/'sandbox' is an important part of FEATURES and should not be disabled by default/
21 'sandbox' is an important part of FEATURES and should not be disabled by default (but disabled on
22 `emerge perl`)/g or die;
23
24 I still think, GENTOO_LEVEL is a better one though.
25
26 Kalin.
30 +-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list