From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About testing applications
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:42:42
1 On 18/03/07, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Won't that break configs/increase clutter for people who share their home
4 > directories between two distributions since they'll have to restort to
5 > symlinks to make stuff work?
6 > I myself have gentoo and ubuntu installed and am sharing my home directory
7 > between them. I have to use ubuntu for maintaining a couple of packages and
8 > I can't live without gentoo :)
12 Yes it would. Also, files beginning with . are not shown unless you
13 use the -A/-a flag and therefore the traditional place for them is ~.
14 Although having a ~/.config directory might make ~ look a bit cleaner,
15 the use of .app directories instead of .app files, which is usual
16 these days, helps to minimize the clutter.
17
18 Also, if you have a .config directory to put all these files in, ~
19 becomes less cluttered but ~/.config becomes VERY cluttered!
20
21 Jeff.
22 --
23 Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?
24
25 A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.
26
27 http://latedeveloper.org.uk
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list