From: codeguru <genki@××××××××.li>
To: Yatsen Ng <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage tree
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 08:06:28
1 Hello Yatsen,
2
3 Sunday, May 27, 2001, 1:10:45 PM, you wrote:
4
5 YN> Hi there,
6
7 YN> Currently I don't have an internet connection at home. Is it possible to
8 YN> download the portage tree to a CR-ROM and build a Gentoo Linux system
9 YN> from scratch?
10
11 YN> Regards,
14 Yes that is possible. I have done it myself. Just download the portage
15 tree to /usr/portage and the source packages are going into
16 /usr/portgaes/distfiles . You can find links to the needed source
17 packages in every ebuild file at SRC_URI=, just download this files
18 and do not forget to get all dependencies, too!
21 Best regards,
22
23 Alexander Paersch