From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [LARGE MESSAGE] Media-sound reorganization!
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:25:19
1 On Tuesday 09 November 2004 04:56, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > Portage has a list of all categories ($PORTDIR/profiles/categories), so
3 > walking down the tree and looking here or there whether what you see is
4 > a category or not, is not an issue.
5
6 Indeed. Did not notice that yet.
7
8 > > I general I don't think that arbitrary depths lower the complexity to
9 > > find a specific package. Most likely it will raises the complexity of the
10 > > Portage code quite a bit, though.
11 >
12 > To me, it seems that it should be trivial.
13
14 With the categories stored in a file, yes. Seems I missed the discussion, but
15 I still don't see a benefit in arbitrary depths categories.
18 Carsten