From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Justin Lecher (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] symlinks in the tree
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:35:02
1 Dnia 2015-09-12, o godz. 15:30:45
2 "Justin Lecher (jlec)" <jlec@g.o> napisał(a):
3
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > On 12/09/15 15:19, hasufell wrote:
8 > > +1 for banning symlinks
11 > mrueg just mentioned a very crucial point. There are filesystem which
12 > don't support symlinks and would break everything.
13
14 Just to be clear, I don't see that as being a problem.
15
16 I would expect Gentoo development to occur on systems which support
17 symlinks properly. For user systems, I would expect rsync mirrors to
18 replace symlinks with duplicated files.
19
20 That said, I have the same stance for symlinks as I have for
21 'if [[ ${PV} == 9999 ]]' blocks in ebuilds -- I don't like them but I
22 can live with them.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>