From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Delay in approval of new developers
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:47:00
1 Peter wrote: [Fri Sep 22 2006, 07:29:57AM CDT]
2 > We can disagree on that point. All distros are businesses. Users are
3 > customers. No users, no distro.
4
5 Actually, I still think that agriffis was correct in his assertion that
6 most devs work on Gentoo for their own interests, and that the
7 developers are our distro's primary consumers. It is amazing that so
8 many others find our work useful, and we very much appreciate the
9 Gentoo community that has formed. Consequently, we are willing to do our
10 best to provide a distro that scratches our users itches as well as our
11 own, but ultimately it is developer self-interest that keeps things
12 going.
13
14 -g2boojum-
15 --
16 Grant Goodyear
17 Gentoo Developer
18 g2boojum@g.o
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
20 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76