From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council 14/7 introductory meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:09:29
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hi.
5
6 The new Gentoo Council will hold a special introductory meeting this
7 Wednesday, 14/7 at 19H00 UTC. A regular meeting will be held on Monday
8 26/7 at 19H00 UTC. We'll be sending in the next few days an email about
9 that meeting, so please don't reply to this email about issues regarding
10 that meeting.
11 We know this is a very short notice meeting, but as we won't be able to
12 have a regular meeting before 26/7, we don't want to wait that long
13 before we have a public meeting and a chance to address the community.
14 We ask all members involved and or interested in the required-use and
15 - --as-needed discussions to show up to address any issues that may be
16 raised during the meeting. We also ask anyone interested in sharing
17 concerns about issues that should be addressed by the council in this
18 term to show up.
21 Gentoo Council 14/7 meeting goals:
22
23 * have the first public meeting of the new council
24 * set some base rules for the operation of the new council
25 * allow council members to present issues to work on this term
26 * listen to the community to check whether there are any issues it
27 wants to bring to the attention of the council
28 * continue discussion about required-use and --as-needed to prepare a
29 vote in the 26/7 meeting
32 Gentoo Council 14/7 meeting agenda:
33
34 * allow all members to show up (5 min)
35 * select the probable date for the monthly meetings (5 min)
36 * discuss desired model of operation (15 min)
37 - using bugs to track issues
38 - have a section on all meetings to check the bugs status
39 - ability to have 2nd monthly / impromptu meetings when required
40 - secretary / meeting chair
41 * allow council members to present issues to be addressed in this term
42 (15 min)
43 * listen to the community to see if there are any issues it would like
44 to see the council address in this term (10 min)
45 * require-use discussion (10 min)
46 * --as-needed discussion (10 min)
47 * AOB (5 min)
50 For the Gentoo Council,
51
52 - --
53 Regards,
54
55 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
56 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections