From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: repo/gentoo.git, or how committing is challenging
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:46:10
1 On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Ryan Hill wrote:
3 >> You want me to use a potentially unstable live ebuild instead?
4 >> Well, no, that's not gonna happen.
5 >
6 > Are you demanding that someone else produces for you, and refusing to
7 > do anything but consume?
10 Keep in mind that the GLEP does not require anybody to actually use
11 gkeys. It is just a tool intended to make the GLEP easier to follow.
12
13 As has been pointed out, we haven't exactly been strict about
14 enforcing compliance, and for my part I'm not inclined to see a lot
15 more enforcement until the instructions/tools/etc catch up. If
16 anybody wants to see increased adoption of the new GLEP, I'd recommend
17 focusing more on easy instructions and tools.
18
19 That said, anybody who cares enough will figure out how to get it
20 working. I just made myself a dedicated tree-signing key and as far
21 as I could tell the last time I looked at it the key complied. Just
22 don't try to send me any encrypted email, since the key in LDAP
23 probably doesn't work for encryption (having a separate LDAP record
24 for signing key and communication key might make sense). :)
27 Rich