From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] summary: proposed solutions to arches/stable problem
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:19:44
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote: [Wed Jun 23 2004, 03:09:41PM EDT]
2 > A package maintainer doubles as arch maintainer for that package and
3 > shouldn't be forced to hold it back from stable on an arch it is stable
4 > on just because it isn't stable on every arch.
5 >
6 > That kind of freedom from essentially pointless inter-arch dependencies
7 > is one of the things I enjoy about Gentoo.
8
9 Although I like the simplicity of the earlier proposals, I think that
10 Spyderous hits the nail on the head here. Many people have been
11 talking this point back and forth, and both pauldv and jstubbs
12 recognized that there are two camps on this issue.
13
14 I'll be working on another round-up of the current discussion, taking
15 this into account.
16
17 Regards,
18 Aron