From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, jsbronder@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New developer: Justin Bronder (jsbronder)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:39:04
1 On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 14:40 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > It's my usual please to announce a new ebuild monkey. Justin hails from
3 > Brighton, Massachusetts. His educational background should provide a
4 > good theoretical approach to all the future flames on gentoo-dev:
5 > "I'm pretty much self taught computer wise as I went to the University
6 > of Maine in order to get my Master's in Mathematics where I focused on
7 > abstract algebra and number theory, I liked the challenges of
8 > discovering proofs, and pretty much ignored any real applications."
9 >
10 > Please give him the normal welcome.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 > Petteri
14 >
15 Justin, welcome. Perhaps you ran into the Banach-Tarski "paradox", at
16 least, so that you know how to make mountains out of molehills.
17 (Necessary for any good flame war.)
18
19 Sorry about that. Other mathematicians always welcome. :)
20
21 > PS. Uncle Seemant told me he was mentoring him so that he could himself
22 > retire at some point so now it's time to start persuading him to stay
23 > again :)
24 Regards and welcome,
25 Ferris
26 --
27 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
28 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)