From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 19:31:07
1 On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 12:00 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
3 > CC the committer on the bug that is modified?
4 >
5 > Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
6 > will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
7 > Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
8 > everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
9 > step is kind of the point of the automation, right?
10 >
11 > One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
12 > twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
13 > implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
14 > practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.
17 Sounds good to me. Please file a bug for infra when the discussion
18 settles and I'll try to do it.
19
20 IMO the biggest issue is that the committer may be using a different
21 address than the one used on Bugzilla but I guess we can resolve that by
22 retrying without CC.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny