From: Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] call for testers: udev predictable network interface names
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 04:37:13
1 On 01/09/2013 10:33 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@×××.com> wrote:
3 >> So long as users retain the choice of keeping eth* or wlan*, no
4 >> complaints from me. I (and others) came to Gentoo to get away from
5 >> systemd, and this smells of a systemd-ism. Will eudev be pursuing this
6 >> as well?
7 >
8 > Keep in mind that this is a udev announcement, not a eudev
9 > announcement. Udev is generally going to follow upstream, so if
10 > avoiding systemd is your main goal in life you probably will want to
11 > stick with eudev, which might or might not adopt this feature.
12 >
13 > You might want to take discussion of eudev planned features to its
14 > dedicated list.
15 >
16 > Rich
19 My apologies. It wasn't my intent to derail the discussion with my
20 simple yes/no question.