From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:24:44
Mike Doty wrote:
> Mivz wrote: >>> Then I have got this one question, I don't need a answer too. >>> >>> How free is free software if you need a lawyer and a expensive server >>> just to be able to publish your addition under your own name? >>> > Very free. There are many project sites that will host your content if > you have it under a GPL or similar license. Similarly, as long as you > provide the source, you satisfy the main point of GPL. Thousands of > projects do exactly this without any input from a lawyer. >
But then it's still 'free beer', and not 'freedom'. I still can not write a patch and make a cd with the patch applied to give to my mum and my friends, without the risk of my intelligence being stolen and abused. Or I have to go through the hassle of finding a provider, which of course needs attention too. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>