From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stack smash protected daemons
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:15:20
1 On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:53:05 -0400 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 | > Also, make sure it's a "use foo &&" style flag, otherwise it can't
3 | > be masked where necessary. "use foo ||" things break use.mask.
4 |
5 | Do you happen to know which bug tracks this problem with portage?
6
7 As far as I know there isn't one. We could get a use.force, I suppose,
8 but it's probably cleaner to just avoid using USE flags which turn
9 things off. It's easy enough to make a USE flag on by default, and if
10 GLEP 29 goes through, it'd also be easy enough to add it to the @MINIMAL
11 group for USE="-* @MINIMAL" users.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm