From: MooktaKiNG <Mooktakim@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A nice idea to improve portage
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:53:36
1 But i usually start an emerge and then do && halt
2
3 This shutsdown gentoo after the emerge.
4
5 Its still the same problem.
6
7 But why can't we have both?
8
9 A readme should not me too hard. The person who makes the actual
10 ebuild just types a small README to explain stuff. Thats all.
13 >> I know i know. there are some text at the end of the emerge that
14 >> says what you should do.
15 >>
16 >> But when your doind multiple emerge's one after the other and you
17 >> leave gentoo todo its thing. You don't see the text.
18 >>
19 >> So if there was a nice README file that explain the 'extra'
20 >> setting
21 >> needed on each dir in portage then it would make things a LOT
22 >> easier
23 >> and would be very helpful.
24 >
25 > Honestly, I think I'd much prefer if portage just queued all of
26 > those
27 > messages and displayed them at the end of the emerge. If that
28 > information was in a README, you'd have to go, find, and read the
29 > README
30 > for every package and dependency that you install. That's a lot of
31 > work.
32 > Since portage is supposed to be non-interactive, it shouldn't assume
33 > that you're gonna stick around watching the terminal while it does
34 > its
35 > thing. ;)
36 >
37 > - John
38 >
39 > --
40 >
41 > Love justice; desire mercy.
44 > --
45 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
51 Please wait while you are redirected to my signature......
54 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list