From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Opinions Wanted - Arrays again :)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 04:16:27
1 Natanael Copa wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 06:46 +0000, Steve Long wrote:
3 >
4 >> Failing that, a plaintext config file along the lines discussed in [1]
5 >> would be cool. awk could parse it pretty quickly.
6 >>
7 >> [1] http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/b//archives/2007/01/20/T11_58_29/
8 >
9 > Something like Debian's /etc/network/interfaces?
10 >
11 > http://www.fifi.org/cgi-bin/man2html/usr/share/man/man5/interfaces.5.gz
12 >
13 Looks good to me :D Nice and simple to parse.
14
15 > Why re-invent yet another format when there already are many out there,
16 > well tested over years.
17 >
18 I totally agree.
19 Bug me (igli) in #friendly-coders if you're on IRC and I'll help with it;
20 but I'm not a network guy, so someone else will have to lead the work (i'm
21 not that motivated basically, but it looks like an easy job-- there's
22 always existing code fall back on, much as it pains me to read it ;) QA
23 would need to be sorted too. *shrug*
24
25 I'd do the function too, though, since it matches existing configs and you'd
26 probably end up calling it (or a variant) in any case.
27
28 Not sure how the mapping thing would fit into it (not my bailiwick) but the
29 existing stuff I've seen so far can all be done with the function call. If
30 I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me (gently, I hope ;)
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list