From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new `usex` helper
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:24:38
1 On 06:34 Wed 14 Sep , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:02:28 -0500
3 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On 17:56 Tue 13 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > > useful enough for EAPI ? or should i just stick it into
6 > > > eutils.eclass ? OR BOTH !?
7 > >
8 > > I prefer to avoid EAPI whenever possible, as it just makes things
9 > > slower and more complex.
10 >
11 > Sticking it in an EAPI *shouldn't* be slow and more complex. There are
12 > three reasons why it is, and they should all be within Gentoo's
13 > ability to solve.
14
15 [..reasons..]
16
17 I'm glad we agree about its current state, whatever the reasons.
18
19 While I wish I could do something about them, I can't at all in some
20 cases or quickly in others. No matter what, it's going to be a slow
21 process to change them, and I'd like to keep things like this from
22 blocking on that. I'm hoping to fix some of the council-related issues
23 with an updated GLEP 39 (WIP), but even being on the council doesn't
24 help much in making others focus on productive issues.
28 Thanks,
29 Donnie
30
31 Donnie Berkholz