From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Freenet questions...
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:44:53
1 Hi!
2
3 I have a working .ebuild of Freenet now that I'm very satisfied with (and I
4 hope+think you will also be)!
5
6 The problem is that it is pretty insecure (runs as root)..
7 I'd prefer it to run as user "freenet" instead of root...
8 I can't run it as "nobody" because then the store-file and logs have to be
9 writable by "nobody" which is no good...
10
11 How can I make the .ebuild add the user "freenet"?
12 Any better ideas? Or should I let it be run as root?
13
14 What is a good default size of the datastore?
15 Right now I put it in /var/freenet and set the default size to 1/3rd of the
16 *available* space on /var, up to 1GB, using some df/awk/bash-magic.. :) (To
17 change it, just change the storeSize= parameter in /etc/freenet.conf)
18
19 Regards
20 Per Wigren