From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: debug/release builds extensions/clarification proposal
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:06:18
1 On Monday 01 of December 2008 08:04:04 Duncan wrote:
2
3 Well, so far it's not GLEP, just an idea thrown to brainstorm.
4
5 > As such, neither /etc/portage/env nor eclasses can effectively deal with
6 > FEATURES in general, tho there are a few specific exceptions that do
7 > happen to be implemented at the bash level.
8
9 Those exceptions are nostrip and splitdebug at least, besides I intend to keep
10 it bash (or ebuild) level only - to preserve simplicity and yet functionality.
11 FEATURES_DEBUG was a clean and convenient approach of me being unaware of
12 FEATURES internals - thanks for clarification. FEATURES little inconsistency
13 problem needs to be addressed. The goal is to have only one, determined and
14 always working way of "not-stripping" symbols. Of course it can be easily
15 handled in eclass by something like this:
16
17 if use debug; then
18 FEATURES=${FEATURES//splitdebug//}
19 FEATURES=${FEATURES//nostrip//}
20 FEATURES="${FEATURES} ${PREFERRED_NOSTRIP_METHOD}"
21
22 Dzwon tanio do wszystkich!
23 Sprawdz >> http://link.interia.pl/f1fa7