From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] subprofiles for ARM architecture
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 21:24:30
1 On Saturday, August 13, 2011 01:41:54 Arun Raghavan wrote:
2 > On 7 August 2011 17:20, Raúl Porcel wrote:
3 > > With subprofiles we could keyword such packages, mask them globally on
4 > > arm and unmask it on the subprofile of the subarchitecture that supports
5 > > it.
6 >
7 > I think this makes sense. What would the policy be on initial keywords
8 > if upstream doesn't explicitly specify what sub-arches are supported?
9 > Just enable on all till someone says it doesn't work or test on all of
10 > them first or ...?
11
12 we arent talking diff keywords ... there will still be just "arm". the
13 simplest approach is probably fine: don't worry about masking unless someone
14 complains or the dev in question feels like digging into things. it's not
15 like having the package generally available will cause people any additional
16 problems ...
17 -mike