From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Around 425 non-existent packages in p.mask?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:21:01
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 A few days ago i glanced over package.mask , and i was surprised
4 about how many non-existent ebuild/packages entries are there.
5
6 So, i wrote a script to try to get a list of those orphaned entries,
7 and it looks like there are more than 400 packages/ebuilds which are still
8 listed in p.m but that don't exist in the tree anymore.
9 (A bunch of them from the KDE herd btw)
10
11 *Please* take a look at http://dev.gentoo.org/~araujo/old_package.mask ,
12 for the list of these non-existent ebuilds/packages, in case you have
13 forgotten something
14 in there. I'd like if every person takes care of their own entries if
15 possible.
16 If not, i *personally* could go slowly removing the entries, along with
17 other
18 people willing to help, or any other _better_ suggestion to deal with this?
19
20 I *of course* haven't checked all of the entry generated by the script
21 manually ,
22 so there might probably exist packages which are indeed correct, so
23 please re-check
24 before doing something.
25
26 I also noticed (slight detail) that there are a couple of recent entries
27 at the bottom
28 of this file, isn't the policy to have new entries added at the top? ,
29 is there any special
30 reason for this?
31
32 Ok, that's all for now!