From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AMD64 Arch Testers needed urgently
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 18:24:34
1 On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > It seems that we've started lacking arch testers for AMD64 architecture.
4 > At this moment, there are already 159 bugs in amd64 backlog, and there
5 > is no noticeable progress. New stabilization requests are usually
6 > handled much faster by x86, sparc and hppa teams!
7 >
8 > If you have a stable AMD64 system and would like to help arch testing,
9 > please do! I don't know what exact rules for that are but I think [1]
10 > could be helpful. If someone knows better, then please share.
13 As far as I'm aware the standing policy already exists that
14 maintainers can stabilize their own packages on amd64.
15
16 That said, if somebody wants to organize an AT program for amd64 they
17 should feel free to do so. I could explain how things used to work at
18 least if that is helpful.
19
20 The old way it used to work is that ATs had to pass the ebuild quiz
21 and they would get editbugs privs to tag bugs as tested. I won't
22 elaborate here unless there is interest...
25 Rich